Yup, this one’s actually a position that I’ll be supervising, so… take that as you will. It’s part-time and benefits-eligible, but is not an academic position.
Digital Projects Assistant-20712
Cornell University Library’s Hospitality, Labor and Management Library is seeking a Digital Projects Assistant. As a member of the Digital Projects Group, the Digital Projects Assistant would be responsible for facilitating the editing, uploading and managing of online content for the School of Hotel Administration’s online digital repository. The most important responsibilities of this position include preparation of selected materials for digitization and uploading of objects to the repository; the successful candidate may help direct the work of student assistants. The Digital Resources Assistant maintains and promotes the Hospitality, Labor, and Management Library’s core values of collaboration, excellence, flexibility, innovation, integrity, and service.
This is a half-time, benefits-eligible, position (20 hours per week) for a term of two years.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
- Strong self-motivation; ability to exercise judgment and self-direction while also working within established guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to analyze problems and consult with others to make appropriate judgments.
- Consistency in and aptitude for detailed work.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple simultaneous demands, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent English language skills (both oral and written).
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or field related to management, labor, business, or hotel administration.
- Familiarity with general copyright policies and guidelines with regard to reproducing published content digitally.
- Familiarity with various social media, including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of computer hardware and software, including familiarity with Microsoft Office software, scanning and OCR, etc.
Background check may be required. No relocation assistance is provided for this position. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. Located in Ithaca, NY, Cornell’s far-flung global presence includes the medical college’s campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the new Cornell Tech campus to be built on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City.
Diversity and inclusion have been and continue to be a part of our heritage. Cornell University is a recognized EEO/AA employer and educator.
Primary Location- Ithaca
Organization- Industrial & Labor Relations, School of
Job Type- Standard
Overtime Status- Non-exempt
Contact Name- Jackie Beal
Number of Openings- 1
Recruiting Range- $19.10 – $23.30
University Job Title- Technical Services Assistant IV
To apply for this job, go here: https://www.hr.cornell.edu/jobs/positions.html