Another gig in our shop, though this one’s not a librarian line. (Also I’ve been remiss in posting this so please apply soon if you’re interested.)
ILR Research Assistant/Public Svcs Asst IV-18490
The ILR Research Assistant will have research, instruction, outreach, supervisory and information technology responsibilities at the Catherwood Library. The Catherwood Library primarily serves the faculty, students, and staff of the ILR School.
The ILR Research Assistant is a member of the Research and Learning Services (RLS) department within the Hospitality (School of Hotel Administration), Labor (ILR School) and Management (Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School) Library. He/she reports to the Coordinator of Research and partners with other team members in the provision of research services, instruction, and outreach efforts. The highly specialized nature of the research performed by the ILR School’s faculty and students, and our need to use effectively many complex print and online resources, demands that all research team members be knowledgeable about labor-related information. The ILR Research Assistant provides support for public computers in the Catherwood research area and will supervise two administrative research assistants.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in social science field.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation.
- Strong team player who responds flexibly and positively to change.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- 1-2 years work experience in libraries or research-related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Familiarity with computer operating and network systems.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Creativity and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple simultaneous demands, and meet deadlines.
- Fluent English language skills (both oral and written).
- Specific subject knowledge in ILR or related social sciences fields, including academic coursework in appropriate fields (e.g. labor law, organizational behavior, human resources, or labor history).
- Process-oriented approach to project work.
- Teaching experience.
- Broad intellectual interests, including experience with and appreciation for the research process.
- Student supervisory experience.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery and engagement. Located in Ithaca, NY, Cornell’s far-flung global presence includes the medical college’s campuses on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and Doha, Qatar, as well as the new CornellNYC Tech campus to be built on Roosevelt Island in the heart of New York City.
Diversity and inclusion have been and continue to be a part of our heritage. Cornell University is a recognized EEO/AA employer and educator.
If you’re interested, click here to apply.