Two confessions: I’m writing this Tuesday morning because Monday was busy as hell, and I came back from Atlanta with a nasty cold so blame any incoherence on the TheraFlu.
Well, at least any extra incoherence.
So, what made Monday so busy:
- Got in by 8, spent an hour sorting through the several hundred emails that were waiting for me post-trip. Got the inbox down under ten, and the to-do list down under twenty. Addressed some low-hanging fruit, like confirming a meeting with a faculty member about digital projects, discussing the orientation of our new ILR reference librarian regarding same, setting up a meeting with our collection development librarian, etc.
- Took a short sanity break with some barbells.
- Got back in time for a meeting with the search committee I’m on. During said meeting, we SPOILER REDACTED SPOILER REDACTED SPOILER REDACTED
- Seriously, y’all don’t expect me to talk about a search committee meeting, right?
- Got back in time for what was supposed to be a conference call discussing an upcoming digitization projects, which helpfully turned into an email exchange. This gave me more time to…
- …talk on the phone with the UNYSLA treasurer about reimbursements for the Leadership Summit, and setting up payments for our own upcoming events.
- …confirm with the rest of the Reference and Outreach Committee the radical rescheduling of our February events that I arranged for while traveling last week.
- …talk to an SU iSchool student who wants to interview me for a class.
- …finish work on something for this week’s meeting of the Consolidated Libraries Leadership Group.
- …get most of the way through my write-up of the 2012 goals for the Digital Projects Group.
- The last task was cut short because I needed to head to a meeting of the Public Services Executive Committee, discussing a possible revamp of same. That meeting was quite engaging, and took me through to the end of the day.
Then I went home, and took me some damn TheraFlu. The circle is now complete.